Human Resources Manager
Company: Ace Hardware
Location: Prescott Valley
Posted on: May 25, 2023
Ace Hardware Corporation is a retailer-owned cooperative of more
than 4,800 independent Ace stores in all 50 states, and 70
countries, with 14 Distribution Centers throughout North America.
Ace's distribution network is one of the cornerstones of the
corporation's success. By utilizing advanced technology and an
integrated team approach at our distribution centers nationwide,
we're able to consistently deliver one of the highest service
levels in the industry to our retailers. This commitment to
excellence carries through to each employee at our Distribution
Centers. We have an exciting opportunity for a Human Resources
Manager located in Prescott Valley, AZ. As a member of the Senior
Management team of the DC, the HR Manager will serve as a strategic
business partner with facility management by aligning business
objectives with employees and management. PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
AND ACTIVITIES: The HR Manager will serve as a consultant to
management on all human resources related issues. The HR Manager
will be an employee champion and change agent to provide an
environment which supports a high performing employee culture to
meet current and future business needs. The HR Manager is expected
to proactively communicate with the Distribution Center Manager,
and Corporate HR to develop integrated solutions.Additional
- Consult with Distribution Center Management to provide HR
guidance when appropriate. Advise management in appropriate
resolution of employee relations issues.
- Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues. Conduct
effective, thorough and objective investigations. Consult with
Corporate to ensure solutions comply with policies and laws.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to
day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and
ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Provide day-to-day performance management guidance to
management (coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary
actions, and goal setting).
- Work closely with management and employees to improve working
relationships, build morale, increase productivity and
- Identify training needs for business, individual coaching and
succession planning needs. Create and execute training programs for
exempt and non-exempt employees. Evaluate and monitor the success
of training programs. Follow-up to ensure training objectives are
- Provide assistance with staff members' individual development
plans and model for self-development by having an active
- Oversight of the performance review program to ensure
effectiveness, compliance, and equity within organization.
- Oversight of salary administration program to ensure compliance
and equity within organization.
- Administer and communicate benefit programs such as life,
health, and dental insurance, pension plans, PTO/vacation, leaves
of absence, and employee assistance programs. Responsible for the
overall success of the programs.
- Responsible for the effective administration of the worker's
compensation /safety programs. Coordinates with Loss
- Provide oversight and assistance with event planning and
charity fundraising, i.e., Children's Miracle Network, Red
- Provide guidance and input on succession planning. Oversight
for the recruitment effort for all exempt and nonexempt personnel;
new-employee orientations; Responsible for the overall success of
- Oversees the maintenance, and communication of records required
by law or local governing bodies, or other departments in the
- Manage HR staff within the Distribution Center.
- Responsible for creating an environment of safety, good working
relationships and productivity.
- Responsible for all aspects of recruitment and retention to
include new employee orientation.
- Oversight of the compensation, payroll and accounting functions
to insure equity and fairness.
- Maintains data integrity within the HR and Payroll system and
creates and maintains HRIS data reports used by RSC in achieving
- Other duties as assigned.Job Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field or equivalent
- PHR/SPHR desirable.
- Minimum 5-8 years' generalist experience preferably in
management and in a distribution or manufacturing setting to
include complex employee relation issues.
- Demonstrated skills in: Organizational development,
interpersonal communication, general consultation, presentation,
and data collection/data analysis. Equal Opportunity Employer Ace
Hardware Corporation and its subsidiaries are committed to a policy
of promoting equal employment opportunities. The company recognizes
the importance of diversity and leveraging the skills and talents
of all people to the mutual advantage of each individual and the
organization. #LI-RJ1 Compensation Details:$96000 - $120000Why
should you join our team? We live our values - W.E.L.I.G.H.T
(Winning, Excellence, Love, Integrity, Gratitude, Humility, and
Teamwork). Gratitude. Humility. Love. You don't often see values
like these in most corporate statements, but Ace is different.
These things are important to us. They represent our commitment to
the company, our employees, to Ace retailers and to the Ace
brand.In addition to providing our employees a great culture, Ace
also offers competitive benefits* that address life's necessities
and perks, many of which expand and improve year after year,
- Semi-Monthly Pay
- Incentive opportunities, based on role/grade level (rapid
company growth over the past 5 years resulted in incentives being
paid out at an average of 126% of your target opportunity!)
- 18 days of vacation immediately available (prorated in the
first year) and up to 9 paid holidays depending on the month of
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental, vision and
disability - up to 26 weeks short-term disability and long-term
disability) & life insurance benefits for you and your
- Generous 401(k) retirement savings plan with company
contributions, averaging 9.6% per year of eligible earnings over
the past 5 years
- Ace invests in every employee we hire, with a key focus on
development and coaching. We offer on-site classes, facilitator-led
courses, and a generous tuition assistance program, plus a
performance management approach that goes beyond the typical annual
- Your career at Ace is more than just a job. It's a chance to be
part of something meaningful. We help locally-owned businesses
thrive and make an impact in their communities - and we support our
employees in doing the same by offering our employees opportunities
to help Children's Miracle Network Hospitals and the Ace Helpful
Fund through the Ace Foundation.
- Employee discounts on Ace merchandise (including top brands
like Weber, Traeger, Yeti, Craftsman, DeWalt and more), travel,
fitness, computers and thousands more.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) - access to free visits to
therapists and lawyers, guidance on financial matters, elder and
childcare, and assistance with tickets to entertainment
- Birth/Adoption bonding paid time off
- Adoption cost reimbursement
- Identity theft protection * Benefits are provided in compliance
with applicable policies. We want to hear from you!When most people
think of career opportunities with Ace Hardware, they often think
of the helpful cashiers and sales associates at their local store.
However, have you also considered the people behind the scenes who
select, promote, ship and process the invoices for more than 75,000
products? Maybe you haven't, but we'd like you to. Because together
we help our customers take care of their homes. Come find out why a
career with the Ace Hardware Corporation is one of America's best
kept secrets.Equal Opportunity EmployerAce Hardware Corporation and
its subsidiaries are committed to a policy of promoting equal
employment opportunities. The company recognizes the importance of
diversity and leveraging the skills and talents of all people to
the mutual advantage of each individual and the organization. The
company is committed to the prevention of employment discrimination
related to race, religion, color, sex (including sexual
harassment), gender identity, national origin, age, marital status,
disability and military or veteran status, sexual orientation or
any other action covered by federal or applicable state/local laws.
Disclaimer The pay range for this position starts as listed in the
job posting, but could be higher based on education and experience.
Please note, compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and
circumstances of each opening. We take into consideration the
minimum requirements outlined in the job description, such as an
individual's education, training and experience, the position's
work location, required travel (if any), and external market
conditions when determining the final salary for potential new
hires. Be aware that salary estimates published via alternate
online job boards may not be a true representation of the actual
pay range offered for this position. Please refer to the Ace
position description for the accurate starting pay range
information and feel free to discuss this with a Talent Acquisition
professional if you are chosen to move forward with an interview.
This written "Position Description" is not intended to cover all
aspects of the position listed. It is meant to cover the
basic/general essential job functions of a particular position. Ace
Hardware Corporation reserves the right to change job duties,
including essential job functions, according to business
Keywords: Ace Hardware, Prescott Valley , Human Resources Manager, Executive , Prescott Valley, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...