Company: Arizona Oncology Associates
Location: Prescott Valley
Posted on: January 8, 2021
Position SummaryFacing cancer takes great strength and courage.
It also takes an exceptional team of caregivers using the most
advanced cancer treatment options, clinical trials, and research
protocols. We are looking for a Registered Nurse that focuses on
bringing understanding and peace to patients and their families
during what may seem like a confusing and challenging time.In your
job, you will have the ability to make a difference in a patient's
- Assess and monitor therapy of patients using appropriate
technical skills under the direction and supervision of a
- Assist physician with exams and procedures.
- Maintain efficient and appropriate patient flow.
- Perform venipuncture; access implanted ports and maintain
central venous access devices and alternate delivering
- Document all elements of care; triage patient/family phone
calls as needed and document relevant information in the patient's
- Assess patient/family needs and provide teaching.Minimum
- Graduate from an accredited program for professional nursing
- 0-3 years experience required, preferably in an oncology
- Current BCLS (Basic Cardiac and Life Support) certification
required within 3 months of hire.
- Current RN state license with the State Board of Nursing in
practicing state.What You Bring to the Team:
- BSN preferred.
- Experience and knowledge of the purpose and use of medications
in the treatment of cancer is preferred.
- Demonstrate knowledge of reimbursement procedures and charge
- Demonstrate awareness of community resources available to
patients and assist with referrals if necessary.
- Maintain current knowledge of oncology nursing by participating
in ongoing educational opportunities.About Us:Our mission is to
increase access to and advance the delivery of high-quality cancer
care in America. As part of US Oncology, one of the nation's
largest healthcare services networks dedicated exclusively to
cancer treatment and research, we can quickly bring the latest
advances in cancer care to our patients. Most importantly, we
understand the special needs of cancer patients, and are devoted to
caring for the whole person, not just the disease. Our physicians
and staff treat patients in over 28 locations throughout the state
including Deer Valley, Flagstaff, Glendale, Goodyear, Green Valley,
Mesa, Phoenix, Prescott Valley, Scottsdale, Tempe and
Tucson.Benefits:We offer competitive pay and a comprehensive
benefit package that includes, 401K Profit Sharing Plan, Critical
Care Insurance, Dental Insurance, Health Spending Account, Legal
Insurance, Long-Term Care, Medical Insurance, Paid Time Off Plan,
Short and Long-Term Disability, Tuition Reimbursement, Vision
Insurance.To make a difference in someone's life, you don't have to
be brilliant, rich, beautiful or perfect. You just have to care.
- NThe US Oncology Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected
Keywords: Arizona Oncology Associates, Prescott Valley , RN/HAL-Prescott Valley/6000.1000.0643, Healthcare , Prescott Valley, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!