Child and Family Therapist
Company: Polara Health
Location: Prescott Valley
Posted on: January 12, 2022
Child and Family Therapist
Full-time position (40 hours weekly)
Polara Health is offering a $2,000 sign-on bonus for our Therapist
We Value Our Employees By Offering:
- Medical, Dental, Life, and Health Care Benefits (FT)
- Up to 3 weeks of paid/sick time off plus 10 Holidays per year
Polara Health, Serving on the front-lines of mental health
treatment in Yavapai County since 1966, Polara Health (formerly
West Yavapai Guidance Clinic) is uniquely positioned to improve
access for people in need of high quality and affordable holistic
care. We are a beacon of hope, help and healing for over 7,000
individual and families and 1,300 children annually. Focused on
addressing the whole person through a client centered approach, we
offer holistic, transformative services that are tailored to
address the unique needs of each client, address the social
determinants of health and ensure coordination of care with loved
ones and other integrated service providers.
Primary duties include outpatient and home-based family,
individual, and play therapy for a broad range of behavioral health
problems. Knowledge and understanding of family systems theory,
family dynamics, and family therapy is essential. Must also have
field experience in working with multi-problem families, with
ability to relate well with families of varied lifestyles,
backgrounds, and ethnicity. Crisis intervention, school and agency
consultation, assessment and treatment planning are included. There
must be willingness and ability to work in close cooperation with
other team and project members, to share responsibilities, work
distribution, and decision-making. Must be able to work a flexible
schedule with some evening availability.
- Perform all responsibilities and duties of the Clinical Liaison
function as defined in state and Polara Health protocols.
- Development and updating of comprehensive treatment plans for
- Management of all aspects of therapy, including referrals to
additional resources when appropriate and including crisis
assessment and management.
- Maintenance of client records according to applicable agency
and professional standards.
- Completion of all necessary paperwork to assure the clinic
receives payment from the appropriate funding source for all
- Service provision shall be conducted at the clinic, the
client's home, or other community sites as appropriate to the case
while ensuring staff safety and ability to conduct the
- Active participation in department efforts to assess and
provide customer service to both payer and clients.
- Assisting in department strategic planning and implementation
through participation in department staffings, staff meetings,
training and other meetings as assigned.
- Active participation in agency affairs, including marketing,
promotion of mental health services, development of programs, and
other related duties as assigned.
- Active participation in on-site training, attending workshops
and seminars, and conduction training based on workshops attended
and/or expertise developed individually.
- Participation in on call as defined by the department.
- Conducting necessary case management to ensure proper referral
and follow-up on associated services.
- Participation and documentation of clinical supervision per
- Participation in the planning and delivery of wrap-around
services for appropriate clients.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Master's in Behavioral Health or related field. Must qualify for
certification from ABBHE.
2-3 years community mental health working with children and
This position is considered Safety-Sensitive by Polara health.
EOE/Non-smoking facility. Pre-employment drug screening/background
check required. ** All candidates must be able to obtain a DPS
Fingerprint Clearance card.
It is the policy of Polara Health not to discriminate against any
employee or any applicant for employment because of age, race,
religion, color, handicap, sex, physical condition, disability,
sexual orientation, protected veteran status or national origin.
This policy shall include, but not be limited to, the following:
recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer,
compensation, selection for training including apprenticeship,
layoff and termination. PH further agrees to take affirmative
action to ensure equal employment opportunities.
To apply, visit
Keywords: Polara Health, Prescott Valley , Child and Family Therapist, Healthcare , Prescott Valley, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!