Company: Polara Health
Location: Prescott Valley
Posted on: January 12, 2022
Full-time position (40 hours weekly)
We Value Our Employees By Offering:
- Medical, Dental, Life, and Health Care Benefits (FT)
- Up to 3 weeks of paid/sick time off plus 10 Holidays per year
Polara Health, Serving on the front-lines of mental health
treatment in Yavapai County since 1966, Polara Health (formerly
West Yavapai Guidance Clinic) is uniquely positioned to improve
access for people in need of high quality and affordable holistic
care. We are a beacon of hope, help and healing for over 7,000
individual and families and 1,300 children annually. Focused on
addressing the whole person through a client centered approach, we
offer holistic, transformative services that are tailored to
address the unique needs of each client, address the social
determinants of health and ensure coordination of care with loved
ones and other integrated service providers.
Pool/Variable & Full Time Paramedic positions working out of our 24
hour Crisis Stabilization Unit. All shifts (day/evening/overnight)
weekdays and weekends.
Description of Duties and Responsibilities
- Thorough collection of patient assessment values and history,
to include medication reconciliation (Meds prescribed vs
compliance, consumed but not prescribed, etc.).
- Creation of differential diagnosis used to develop and
implement competent, complete treatment plans necessary for
emergent, as well as non-emergent, patients.
- Perform all medical procedures within defined scope of practice
to create optimal medical, mental and emotional patient outcomes,
up to and including, transfer of care to Polara Health facility,
ambulance transport, or emergency department placement.
- Complete, clear, and timely patient charting with secure
disbursement of applicable documents necessary for continuation of
- Assist physicians, therapists, nurses and other providers in
the planning of possible treatment options, communicate with law
enforcement, ambulance crews, hospital staff, and other facilities
as to the appropriateness of patient transport decisions before,
during, and after arrival at our facilities.
- Participate in less common medical tasks as necessary, (For
example, Covid 19 rapid testing, drug and alcohol testing), perform
blood draws, start IVs, delivery of prophylactic as well emergent
fluids and medications.
- Participate in the maintenance, stocking, organization, and
common cleaning tasks of paramedic area.
- Assist when necessary, in de-escalation, management, and
restraint of physically difficult patients within the paramedic
scope of practice and company policies.
- Be constantly vigilant of, and participate in, helping to
create and maintain an environment of hope, kindness, dignity and
respect for all patients and employees.
- Minimum education; HS or Equivalent
- Must be certified as a paramedic in Arizona.
- A minimum of 2 years' experience as a Paramedic, to include
experience in psychiatric care, emergency room paramedic
technician, possibly other areas not defined here.
- Must have current ACLS certification.
- Attend continuing education and training classes to stay
current with emergency medical advancements and best practices as
well as those mandated by company policy.
This position is considered Safety-Sensitive by Polara health.
EOE/Non-smoking facility. Pre-employment drug screening/background
check required. ** All candidates must be able to obtain a DPS
Fingerprint Clearance card.
It is the policy of Polara Health not to discriminate against any
employee or any applicant for employment because of age, race,
religion, color, handicap, sex, physical condition, disability,
sexual orientation, protected veteran status or national origin.
This policy shall include, but not be limited to, the following:
recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer,
compensation, selection for training including apprenticeship,
layoff and termination. PH further agrees to take affirmative
action to ensure equal employment opportunities.
To apply, visit
Keywords: Polara Health, Prescott Valley , Paramedic, Healthcare , Prescott Valley, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!