Company: Polara Health
Location: Prescott Valley
Posted on: June 22, 2022
Full-time position (40 hours weekly)We Value Our Employees By
- Medical, Dental, Life, and Health Care Benefits (FT)
- Up to 3 weeks of paid/sick time off plus 10 Holidays per year
(FT) Polara Health, Serving on the front-lines of mental health
treatment in Yavapai County since 1966, Polara Health (formerly
West Yavapai Guidance Clinic) is uniquely positioned to improve
access for people in need of high quality and affordable holistic
care. We are a beacon of hope, help and healing for over 7,000
individual and families and 1,300 children annually. Focused on
addressing the whole person through a client centered approach, we
offer holistic, transformative services that are tailored to
address the unique needs of each client, address the social
determinants of health and ensure coordination of care with loved
ones and other integrated service providers. Qualifications:
Minimum High School Diploma, with Certified Medical Assistant
certificate. Must have a minimum of one year experience in
healthcare related field as a Certified Medical Assistant. Specific
- Excellent communication and customer services skills.
- Knowledge of psychotropic medications and standard doses for
confirmation of appropriateness and communication with
- Knowledge of and application of Certified Medical Assistant
standards. Essential Duties/Responsibilities:
- Under the supervision of a registered nurse or physician,
collects data from the client record, the client and
- Calls/faxes/delivers medication orders to pharmacies.
- Contacts clients regarding availability of medication
- Performs vital signs, weights, AIMS tests and documents
- Assists the Registered/Licensed nurse or Physician to
coordinate client care by communicating with clients and case
managers for appointments, missed medications, client compliance
- Under supervision of a Registered/Licensed nurse or Physician,
logs-in samples and performs an accounting of samples in compliance
with Joint Commission standards.
- Enters sample prescriptions into MARS and gives prescriptions
to the provider.
- Under the supervision of the Registered/Licensed nurse or
Physician, gives filled prescriptions to clients and provides
medication education as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned. This position is considered
Safety-Sensitive by Polara health. EOE/Non-smoking facility.
Pre-employment drug screening/background check required. ** All
candidates must be able to obtain a DPS Fingerprint Clearance card.
It is the policy of Polara Health not to discriminate against any
employee or any applicant for employment because of age, race,
religion, color, handicap, sex, physical condition, disability,
sexual orientation, protected veteran status or national origin.
This policy shall include, but not be limited to, the following:
recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer,
compensation, selection for training including apprenticeship,
layoff and termination. PH further agrees to take affirmative
action to ensure equal employment opportunities. PI182348437
Keywords: Polara Health, Prescott Valley , Medical Assistant, Healthcare , Prescott Valley, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!