Company: Marvel Medical Staffing
Location: Prescott Valley
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Unit FEE WAIVED
Unit MST / PEDIATRICS YRMC EC
- # of beds: 10
- Ratios: PEDIATRICS 1:4-5, MST 1:5-6
- Required certifications: BLS, ACLS & PALS
- Common diagnoses/Types of patients Surgical: total hip & knee
replacement, small bowel resection,
- Hysterectomy, exploratory lap.
- Medical: MRSA, C-diff infections, COPD, pneumonia,
- Telemetry: chest pain
- Pediatrics: respiratory illnesses (RSV, Influenza, Covid),
- Dehydration, Appendectomy, FTT ( med surg level of peds,
If their status changes they will be transfered out.) No
tubes/trachs/vents. Will assist to stabilize if needed to
- Experience or 'Must have' skills: Experience working with
children is helpful. Must take are of adults as well.Looking
strong nurses as perm staff may have less expereince ( ex new
grads or nurses that have been out of acute care for a while).
- Are RNs required to titrate drips: No
- Common titratable &/or set rate drips: n/a
- Charge Nurse/House Supervisor: Charge RN manages 50
inpatient beds that include MST, PEDS, & our Acuity Adaptable
MCU unit which admits ICU/PCU/MST
- Are there nurse aids on this unit/Ratios: NAs take 10-15
patients. If no NA RN takes 3 patients and
- Provides primary care.
- RT Equipment (vents, Cpap, BiPap, etc): Administer high flow
to stabilize for transfer. Care for stable Adult patients
bi-pap for chronic conditions.
- Is there tele on this unit Monitor Techs RNs read strips: Yes
for adult MST patients. We have Remote Monitor Techs. RNs do
need to be able to read their Tele strips. We do have Bedside
monitors for Pediatric patients.
- Shifts & Scheduling: 12-hour shifts, 0700/1900 1930/0730
- Weekend Requirement every other weekend, Friday and
Saturday for Nights, Saturday and Sunday for dayshift.
- Holiday Requirement: Holiday rotation to distribute holidays
- Is there a call or standby requirement: If low census, staff
rotates standby turns
- Floating Requirements Float into our MCU or MST unit to care
for adult MST, also Cross train and float to the birthing unit
care for mom-baby Couplets. Would not go to west campus. IF
they have experience in Labor and delivery, they can float
- Scrub Color/Dress Code: Currently can wear any scrub color
- Unit/Department specific orientation: Attend hospital
orientation, unit orientation based on experience.
Cancellation Policy:3 per 13 week contract
Shift shift report and hourly rounds are required and travelers are
expected to comply. EOW Holiday Rotation- prefer 48s- PEDS / Adult
MST, care for both kids and adult MST patients No floating out of
peds unless they have a strong MST adult background
Required , BLS, COVID Vaccine Required, PALS
Keywords: Marvel Medical Staffing, Prescott Valley , PEDS RN, Healthcare , Prescott Valley, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!