Laser Slitter Operator
Location: Prescott Valley
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Laser Slitter Operator is responsible for operation of
production process by operating designated equipment to achieve
production standards aligned with plant production goals.
Main Job Objectives:
These objectives describe the characteristic behaviors, actions,
and duties required to become an experienced Laser Slitter Operator
in the Prescott Valley plant. The associate considered for this
position needs to either possess or learn the objectives below.
- Safety conscious and puts safety first in their daily routine.
Safety is placed before risk (focus over accomplishment). Associate
has a focus on their own safety and sets a safety example for new
associates, and anyone in the plant. Associate is committed to
Safety policies by suggesting improvements and noting
- Displays a collaborative demeanor to accomplish tasks. Presents
a respectful team approach when working with support departments or
Plant Supervision. Able to communicate needs and ask for help when
needed. Looks at fellow operators, Supervisors and others as
teammates, and places the group's goals over individual goals.
Notifies Supervisor or HR in a timely manner if circumstance or
personal needs come up. Mandatory overtime required.
- Works to have technical competence and skill by mastering
customer and technical requirements of the Job Jacket,
Specification Sheet, Filemaker Pro and other reference information
to support accuracy and quality of the finished product.
Respectfully looks to senior Operators and Supervisors as resource
to learn from and overcome machine, product, and other issues.
- Supports continuous improvement through team participation,
including being open to and considering new ideas, arriving
prepared and on time, active meeting participation, following
through on action items and being innovative to our processes. Team
supported includes the Printpack Performance System(PPS), machine
teams, safety teams or any project team that we need to solve
- Is an active participant in directing and developing others
through participation in coaching, review feedback, and supporting
training and/or cross training. This includes all associates that
are peers and in support departments.
- Maintain a solid work ethic and enthusiasm as time goes on, own
the process, come to work ready to work and seek out the plan of
the day. Display a long-term, positive attitude and use this to
find excellence and work through issues as they arise.
- Learn and monitor the equipment and the production process to
ensure a quality product arrives at our customers. Invest on the
front end for setting up the equipment and aspire to serve your
teammates success. Be willing to work on other machines as need
- Learn a solid knowledge of the raw materials and film that goes
into the product and adjust machine conditions to support specific
- Learn the PRISM system and accurately provide data to PRISM in
support of materials management and consideration to cost.
- Learn to troubleshoot with timely and effective
problem-solving. Include others to work through issues and learn.
Be sharing of skills and techniques acquired.
- Strive towards and accomplish performance Objectives, including
but not limited to, Productivity, Waste, Quality, Safety and
Printpack Performance System.
- Must be willing to work any shift, including nights, weekends,
- Must be at least 18 years old
- High school diploma or GED
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Must be able to stand or walk for extended periods of time
- Must be able to read and understand basic instructions
- 8-hour shifts: M-F, 3pm-11pm and 11pm-7am available
- Strive to support the Printpack Core Values
- Uphold the Printpack Statement of Philosophy
- Stress Tolerance
- Cross Functional Awareness
- Oral Communication Skills
- Concern for Excellence
Printpack is proudly an equal opportunity employer. We are
committed to creating an inclusive environment. Embracing diversity
not only enhances our work culture - it is vital to our success. We
do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex (including
pregnancy), national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation,
marital/parental status, genetic information, age, national origin,
ancestry, ethnicity, disability, marital status, military or
veteran status or affiliation, or any other characteristic
protected under applicable law.
To view your rights and government notices, please see the links
EEO EEO (Spanish) EEO Supplement EEO Supplement (Spanish)
E-Verify USERRA Rights FMLA FMLA (Spanish) Pay Transparency
Polygraph Protection Right to Work Right to Work (Spanish)
Printpack is committed to help individuals with disabilities
participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to
compete for jobs. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist
you with your application for employment or job search, please
contact us by sending an email to CorpRecruiting@Printpack.com.
Please include in your email a brief description of the
accommodation you are requesting and the position for which you are
interested in applying.
Keywords: Printpack, Prescott Valley , Laser Slitter Operator, Other , Prescott Valley, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!