JOB TITLE: FOOD & NUTRITION DRIVER / PREVENTATIVE MAINTENANCE
DEPARTMENT: Food & Nutrition
REPORTS TO: Director of Food and Nutrition
FLSA STATUS/CLASSIFICATION: Non-Exempt; level 4
SUPERVISORY DUTIES: none
APPROVED ON: xx/xx/2014
SUMMARY: Delivers and maintains inventory of U.S.D.A. foods to
district schools. Performs comprehensive preventive maintenance of
all food service equipment and delivery vehicles to ensure that
district food needs are met at all site locations per state and
county health and safety standards and established district
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conducts a daily pre-trip safety inspection of the department
delivery vehicle; outside inspection to include tires, wheels,
fluid leaks/levels, windshield, mirrors, warning system and exhaust
system; inside inspection to include cleanliness, instruments and
controls, gauges, warning lights emergency equipment, etc. Reports
all defects or non-operational findings; keeps it clean and
- Operates food warehouse forklift
- Receives and verifies delivery of USDA foods at the storage
- Rotates stock using the FIFO procedure.
- Performs monthly inventory of USDA foods; Verifies stock
numbers with the Food and Nutrition office; uses established
reporting method (Excel worksheet)
- Is responsible for the sanitary and organized care of USDA
foods in dry storage and freezer units per established regulations
- Provides year round delivery of USDA foods to district sites
per established schedule including during summer sessions.
- Delivers other food and non-food items as necessary when needed
- Performs preventative maintenance on kitchen equipment as
necessary including but not limited to: de-scaling, changing
filters, cleaning compressors and condensers, sanitizing ice
machines, and cleaning hood systems
- Installs new kitchen and food service equipment as able and
removes old equipment no longer needed; seeks other maintenance
personnel as needed to assist
- Performs minor repairs of kitchen equipment; evaluates and
estimates costs of materials in relation to each specific jobs
- Verifies completion of projects by those hired from outside of
the District (contractors and vendors)
- Interfaces often and effectively with other departments, school
personnel and maintenance staff; communicates with the Director of
Maintenance and/or his/her designee in regards to appropriate
repair or replacement options; reports findings to the Food and
- Provides Food and Nutrition staff with training on maintenance
procedures as necessary
- Monitors and tracks work order progress using the School Dude
- Maintains daily mileage logs as required
- Obeys all traffic laws and observes all mandatory safety
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Ability to operate a standard or automatic transmission motor
vehicle and foot controls with two feet simultaneously.
- Ability to interpret diagrams and schematics from equipment
- Ability to perform mechanical repairs using maintenance related
tools and equipment.
- Ability to use two-way communication equipment.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to solve practical
problems and deal with a variety of situations.
- Ability to work cooperatively and courteously with staff,
students, parents and community members.
- Knowledge of applicable Federal and State laws, district
procedures and Board policies.
- Ability to handle confrontation and conflict without an
- Required to work during non-scheduled hours in the event of
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
Education & Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent; 2 years driving
- Valid AZ Driver's License
- Yavapai County Food Handlers Certificate
- Fork Lift Certified
- Any equivalent combination of training, education and
experience that meets minimum requirements
- Criminal justice/Fingerprint clearance
Computer Proficiency: Demonstrated general proficiency in
computer programs such as Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently
required to climb, sit, stand, bend, walk, push, pull and operate
hand and foot controls simultaneously. The employee would be
required to lift up to 50 pounds safely.
Indoors and outdoors, with exposure to all weather conditions
and temperatures; including exposure in -10 degree freezers daily.
Exposure to all types of traffic conditions. Exposure to noise,
dust, gas and fumes. The noise level in the work environment is
generally moderate and may become excessively noisy at times.
Contact with employees, students and public.
Shift TypeFull-TimeSalary RangePer HourLocationFood Services
NameJody BuckleTitleF&N DirectorEmailPhone928-759-5014