For more than 40 years, American Home Shield has protected
homeowners by providing affordable protection against home system
component and appliance breakdowns. As the leader in the home
warranty industry, we have a network of more than 11,000
pre-screened home service contractors and 45,000 professional
technicians that provide convenient, reliable expert service to our
What is this role about?
American Home Shield Authorizers play a very important
front-line role interacting with our valued customers regarding
their home warranty plan coverage.
What does a "Day-in-the-Life" look like?
This fast paced role is based in one of our Customer Contact
Centers across the country. In this role you are interpreting
contracts and coverage for inquiries from customers, technicians,
and contractors related to HVAC, appliance and other home systems;
authorizers often work across departments and utilize multiple
resources to effectively resolve inquiries for our customers.
Here are a few specifics of what you would be doing each
- Approving initial diagnosis of issues reported by
- Authorizing repair (or replacement) of systems or appliances
covered by the plan
- Negotiating pricing with contractors
- Coordinating appropriate follow-up with customers or
contractors to ensure issues are resolved satisfactorily
- Informing customers of non-covered claims and effectively
explaining the reason why
- Providing your technical knowledge and expertise to other
What do I need to be successful?
- High school diploma or GED is required
- Prior customer service or related experience is preferable
- Experience with HVAC and other mechanical systems highly
- You are able to effectively interpret home warranty plans,
contract coverage, etc.
- You enjoy engaging with customers and providing quality
- You are good at solving problems and explaining solutions
- You are effective at conflict resolution
- You excel at de-escalating upset or frustrated customers
- You thrive in a fast paced environment where multi-tasking is
- You have strong communication skills - interpersonal and
- You have solid computer skills including having worked with
Microsoft Office products
Why should I choose American Home Shield?
In addition to being part of a great brand with an exciting
future, here are some other highlights of what we offer members of
the AHS Team.
- Comprehensive training, all paid by the company
- Very competitive compensation program
- Opportunities for advancement and career growth - including
paths into management level roles
- Medical, dental and vision coverage + discounts on Frontdoor
- Short/long-term Disability and Life Insurance
- Paid time off
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
of the work being performed by employees assigned to this
classification; they are not an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
American Home Shield and Frontdoor are committed to hiring and
retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without
regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or
expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics,
disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or
any other protected class.