Financial Counselor PFS
Company: Yavapai Regional Medical Center
Location: Prescott Valley
Posted on: November 16, 2021
The Financial Counselor supports the vision of the Total Healing
Environment and the values of respect, integrity, accountability,
commitment and quality by analyzing patient's financial status and
determining eligibility for insurance enrollment and/or financial
assistance programs. Responds to telephone and written inquiries
related to patient accounts. Assists patients with questions and
concerns, explains charges and responds to other related
- High School graduate or GED
- One year of hospital or clinic insurance billing or collection
- One year of healthcare customer service experience; hospital
business office preferred
- General knowledge of charity, bad debt and collection
- Certified Application Counselor certification obtained within
six months of hire
- Basic knowledge and understanding of State Medicaid
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively
communicate verbally and in writing providing excellent customer
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to handle
multiple priorities/tasks simultaneously in a fast paced
- Ability to maintain acute attention to detail
- Basic computer literacy and proficiency in Microsoft
- Basic proficiency with MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Experience with insurance billing computer applications
*Must pass pre-employment screening
Yavapai Regional Medical Center is a not-for-profit, integrated
healthcare provider that offers a broad range of inpatient and
outpatient services. Our healing network includes two full-service
acute care hospitals, primary and specialty care clinics, the YRMC
Wellness Center and the YRMC Del E. Webb Outpatient Center. YRMC's
unmatched continuum of care covers a 5,500 square mile service area
and includes cardiac surgery, neurosurgery, a comprehensive Women's
Health Pavilion and Arizona's only Patient Blood Management
Program. YRMC has earned numerous awards for quality and has earned
national recognition as an exceptional provider of care.
To provide comprehensive, high quality healthcare consistent with
our communities' needs.
Creating a "Total Healing Environment" wherein the people of YRMC
work in partnership with the patients and their families seeking
peace of mind and peace of heart as well as physical cures or
comfort because we understand the indivisible relationship that
exists between body, mind and the human spirit.
Respect: Behaving in a way that honors self and others.
Integrity: Being consistent and honest in word and deed.
Accountability: Following through and being answerable for one's
Commitment: Demonstrating dedication to one's work, personal
development, the organization, the Mission and the Vision.
Quality: Providing service excellence. Associated topics: customer,
guest, health, inside sales, insurance agent, insurance sales, lead
sales agent, life insurance agent, sales, sales position
Keywords: Yavapai Regional Medical Center, Prescott Valley , Financial Counselor PFS, Other , Prescott Valley, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!