Company: Martin Marietta - Arizona
Posted on: September 18, 2023
Position Summary: Reporting to the Plant Manager, the
Laborer/Utility Person will be responsible for housekeeping around
the yard which includes and is not limited to shoveling dirt piles,
washing and cleaning catwalks, tunnels, and various plant
equipment. -Forklift and skid steer operation will be required.This
position will occasionally operate the water truck safely around
the loading and dumping areas. Safely operate the machine in all
types of terrain and ground conditions. Maintain enough water on
the roads to minimize dust, is very difficult during the summer
months. Operate other pieces of mobile equipment as needed. Safely
judge distances between the water truck and multiple pieces of
equipment. -Any other duties as instructed by supervisor.
- Work safely and follow all Federal and State laws and
regulations as well as company and site-specific policies.
- Conduct a complete pre- and post-shift safety inspection
- Keep enough moisture on the roads so dust is not generated
while the haul trucks are operating.
- Function in the traffic flow with larger faster moving
- Distinguish when roads are over-watered creating unsafe
- Climb in and out of the water truck multiple times throughout
- Communicate with shop foreman on any safety or repair
- Communicate with other equipment and plant operators as to
where water needs to be put down.
- Other job duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED
- Experience in production loading in an open pit or underground
- MSHA Part 46 training a plus
Physical Requirements: sitting, standing, walking, pushing,
pulling, twisting, climbing, balancing, bending (bending at the
waist, lifting above the waist and lifting below the waist),
kneeling, reaching, grasping (use of both hands), squatting,
repetitive motions, manipulative finger movements with both hands,
use of wrists (flexing or rotating with both wrists), use of both
feet, use of arms above and below shoulder, work extended periods
of time in same position, perform duties in all climates i.e.
weather, extreme temperatures, tolerate heights, lift and carry up
to 75 lbs., work in confined spaces, capable of wearing respiratory
and other personal protective equipment.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Holidays and Vacation
Keywords: Martin Marietta - Arizona, Prescott Valley , Utility Laborer, Other , Clarkdale, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!