Company: MI WINDOWS AND DOORS
Location: Prescott Valley
Posted on: August 29, 2019
Description: GENERAL PURPOSE:This position is responsible for the
day-to-day interface with site leadership and team members on team
member related issues, implement and monitor policies, procedures
and communications including identifying best practices. It will
also establish and enforce company requirements designed to provide
appropriate guidelines and policy for all team members within our
organization. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve as an active member of the facility leadership team in
the areas of safety and human resource policies, procedures, laws,
standards and government regulations, providing coaching as
- Continually improve the effectiveness of Safety programs by
developing strategies to improve team member satisfaction,
leadership - team member relations and current processes and
- Assist leadership with the performance review process:
including administration of the review, to the development of goals
- Responsible to thoroughly investigate and assist in enforcing
disciplinary action for any work- related, safety, or company
- Analyze workforce trends, data, and statistics and provide
professional guidance to facility leadership based on this
- Investigate team member concerns in an objective manner and
provide recommendations for resolution.
- Responsible for managing workers compensation, claims, and team
member timely follow-up.
- Collaborate with other Safety team members across MI to
identify and implement best practices.
- Clearly define the expectations, implementation and compliance
of the safety process as well as the desired safety and health
results for the location.
- Oversee workers compensation claims, and provide timely follow
- Assist facility leadership to understand how the
responsibilities of various levels of management interrelate to the
- Plans, prepares, and leads new hire orientation to foster
positive and safe attitude toward company goals, vision, and common
- To initiate and coordinate all safety related tasks at the
location working with all departments and shifts.
- Coordinate with the Director of Safety to ensure that all the
documentation concerning the safety department is up-to-date.
- Evaluates site processes and equipment to determine controls
needed to keep team members safe.
- Ensures that team members understand safe work procedures and
are competent to safely carry out their assigned duties.
- Oversees the accident investigation process to determine the
root cause. Works with the facility team to implement corrective
actions to ensure a similar incident does not occur again.
- Keeps injury trends and 300 log up to date to identify
opportunities and to implement programs to improve accident
statistics.. Requirements: QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- BS/BA in Business with a Human Resources or Safety
concentration and 3-5 years of HR or Safety Generalist experience
or an equivalent combination of experience and education to
successfully perform the essential functions of the position.
- Knowledge of local, state and federal laws and regulations
regarding safety and employment practices
- Ability to multi-task, deal with team members with diverse
backgrounds at varying levels of the organization and good
- Superior presentations and analytical skills, plus demonstrated
skills to handle a variety of assignments simultaneously.
- Ability to manage and set priorities for multiple tasks.
- High level of customer focus, both internal and external.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to use Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and
Keywords: MI WINDOWS AND DOORS, Prescott Valley , Safety Generalist, Other , Prescott Valley, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!