- Knowledge of Sedona and greater Verde Valley
- Typing skills of 20 WPM +
- Answer telephone promptly and courteously. Enter guest
reservations into the computer system quickly and accurately
segmenting reservations into the appropriate category while using
the hotel's selling strategy and knowledge of all rates, package
plans and hotel services, in order to close out sale and upsell the
hotel as appropriate.
- Maintain good relations with all guests and know and implement
procedures for giving special attention to VIPs and Special
- Maintain a working knowledge of the sales and front office areas,
credit policy, different room types and hotel services
- Monitor, sell, report closely and attempt to obtain alternate
date reservations for all closed out dates by utilizing the wait
- Review group cover sheets to ensure accuracy and enter
information into the computer system.
- Change and cancel reservations as guest requests. When canceling
a reservation with deposit, complete an advance deposit refund
requisition and process no-shows.
- Take reservations for suites, properly filling in necessary
information following credit policy. Block rooms accordingly and
distribute worksheet to departments involved.
- Report rate resistance and all problems to Dir. Transient
- Check and reply to any guest e-mail
- Keeps block arrangements secure for group bookings.
- Handles changes and cancellations and appraises front desk of
NON-ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS :
- Perform special projects and other responsibilities as
OTHER PERSONNEL ISSUES:
- Abide by payroll policies, procedures (punch in/punch out), Meals
and Rest Periods policy and OLS Rules of Conduct.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of all hotel safety and security
procedures as required maintaining a secure and safe environment
for employees as well as guests.
- Report any unusual occurrences and/or request to Hotel
- Read and abide by all the regulations and rules of conduct stated
in the employee handbook.